Welcome to the Strategic Planning Society (SPS)
SPS was formed in 1967 as an international network of strategists, dedicated to the development of strategic thinking, strategic management and strategic leadership.
Our Mission is to improve the practice, development and recognition of strategic management
Our Vision is of a dynamic, global strategic management community
- Our Members are individuals, corporate organizations, business schoolspolicy makers in public bodies; including governments
- Our purpose is to strengthen the practice of strategic management in delivering “real-time” benefits for organizations worldwide.
- SPS is dedicated to supporting Members to develop their strategic management capabilities.
The Board of Trustees
SPS has nine active Trustees and a Chief Executive Officer. Our Trustees are picked from various backgrounds to bring the best to the Society - see who they are in our 2013 SPS Trustee booklet.
- Michael Abrey-Bugg, Trustee
- Paulo Alves, Trustee
- Alan Barlow, Trustee and Chairman
- Chris Hafner, Trustee
- Llyr Jones, Trustee
- Julian Hynd, Trustee and Treasurer
- Gordon Mitcheson-Smith, Trustee
- William Patterson, Trustee
- Laurie Young, Trustee
- Fiona Carter, Chief Executive Officer